11. National Institute of Rural Development is located at
A. New Delhi B.
Mumbai C. Hyderabad D.
12. The song ‘Jana-Gana-Mana’ composed by Rabindra nath Tagore was
first published in January 1912 under the title of
A. Rashtra Jagrati B.
Tatva Bodhini C. Bharat
Vidhata D. None of the above
13. Which of the following sites has
been included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites?
A. Chilka Lake B. Dal
Lake C. Nagin Lake D. Sunderbans National Park
14. Who, out of the following, was the first recipient of Bharat Ratna
A. B.C. Roy B. S.
Chandrashekhar C. C.V. Raman D.
Gobind Ballabh Pant
15. Who among the following Rajput kings defeated Muhammad Ghori for
the first time?
A. Prithviraj III B .Chalukya
Bhim C. Jaichandra D. Kumar
16. In how many ways can a batsman be out in cricket?
The waterfall Victoria is located in
Zimbabwe D. India
18. Which of the following states receives most of the rainfall during
the retreating monsoon season?
A. Andhra Pradesh B.
Punjab C. Tamil Nadu D. Kerala
19. When is the ‘International Women’s Day’ observed?
May 10 D. October 2
Film Finance Corporation
C. Federation of Football
None of these
India's first fast breeder neutron reactor was
Purnima-1 D. Kamini
title given by the British Government to Mahatma Gandhi which he
surrendered during the non-cooperation movement was
Kesari B.Kaiser-e-hind C.
Raj Bahadur D. Rt. Honorable
23. An anti British outfit ‘Abhinava
Bharat’ was founded by
C.R.Das C. V.D.
Savarkar D.Sardar Bhagat
24. Which of the following is not a constitutional body?
Inter State Council
National Advisory Council
25. Who invented super Computer?
A. J.H.van Tassel B.
J.Kurtz C.Babbage D.J.G.Kemeny
26. 4.2 x 4.2 - 1.9 x 1.9
27. 3 x 0.3 x 0.03 x 0.003 x 30 = ?
A. 0.0000243 B.
A number when divided by 6 leaves a remainder 3. When the square of the
same number is divided by 6, the remainder is:
29. Ten years ago, A was half of B in age. If the ratio of their
present ages is 3:4, what will be the total of their present ages?
30. The difference between the length and breadth of a rectangle is 23
m. If its perimeter is 206 m, then its area is:
m2 B.2420 m2 C.
2480 m2 D.2520
31. A merchant has 1000 kg of sugar, part of which he sells at 8%
profit and the rest at 18% profit. He gains 14% on the whole. The quantity
sold at 18% profit is:
A.400Kg B.650Kg C.600Kg D.640Kg
32. A can complete a journey in 10 hours. He travels
first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the
rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km.
A.220Km B.222Km C.224Km D.226Km
33. If 8 men can reap 80 hectares in 24 days, then how many hectares
can 36 men rap in 30 days?
34. A man borrowed Rs. 3125 for compound interest and it amounted to Rs.
4500 in 2 years. The rate of compound interest per annum is
35. Pointing to a man in a photograph, a woman said,
"His brother's father is the only son of my grandfather." How is
the woman related to the man in the photograph?
and B invest in a business in the ratio 3 : 2. If 5% of the total profit
goes to charity and A’s share is Rs. 855, the total profit is
Rs1425 B.Rs1500 C.Rs1537 D.Rs1576
37. In an examination, 35% of the students passed and 455 failed. How many
students appeared for the examination?
38. A train moves past a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8
seconds and 20 seconds respectively. What is the speed of the train?
A.69.5Km/hr B.70Km/hr C.79.2
The difference between the cost price and sale price of an article is Rs.
240. If the profit is 20%, the selling price is:
A.Rs1200 B.Rs.1240 C.Rs.1260 D.Rs1220
40. A fruit seller sells mangoes at the rate of Rs. 9 per kg and thereby
loses 20%. At what price per kg, he should have sold them to make a profit
Rs11.81 B.Rs12 C.Rs.12.25 D.Rs.12.31
41. If simple interest on a certain sum of money for 4 years at 5% per
annum is same as the simple interest on Rs. 560 for 10 years at the rate of
4% per annum then the sum of money is
A.Rs1190 B.Rs1120 C.Rs
Compound interest of the amount of Rs.7500 /- in two years is Rs. 927
/-.What is the percentage rate of interest per year?
43. Some boys are sitting in a row. P is
sitting fourteenth from the left and Q is seventh from the right. If there
are four boys between P and Q, how many boys are there in the row?
44. 'CIRCLE' is related to 'RICELC' in the same way as
'SQUARE' is related to—
A. UQSERA B.
many D's are there in the following letter-series, which are preceded by K
and followed by Q ?
46. Ravi goes 5 km towards North from a
fixed point. Then he goes 3 km after turning to his right. After this he
goes 5 km turning to his right. In the end he goes 4 km after turning to
his left. How far and in what direction is he now from the fixed point?
A. 4 km,
9 km, East D.
7 km, West
47. A housewife saved Rs. 2.50 in buying an
item on sale. If she spent Rs. 25 for the item, approximately how much
percent she saved in the transaction
48. A man bought a number of oranges at 3 for a rupee and
an equal number at 2 for a rupee. At what price per dozen should he sell
them to make a profit of 20 %
Rs.8 C.Rs.6 D.
49. The area of a rectangle is 460 square meters. If the length is 15% more
than the breadth, what is the breadth of the rectangular field?
23m B.20m C.
50. How long does a train 110 meters long running at the speed of 72 km/hr
take to cross a bridge 132 meters in length?
A. 9•8 sec B. 12•1
51-53) In the following questions, groups of four words are given. In each
group, one word is wrongly spelt. Find the mis-spelt word and indicate your
51. A. Unaccompanied B.
Boutique C. Budgetting D.
In each of the following questions, out of the given alternative, choose
the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
54 .Government by a single person
Monarchy B. Plutocracy C.
Autocracy D. Aristocracy
55.A person who has no money to pay off his debts
A. Debtor B.
Pauper D. Insolvent
Directions (Q 56-57) In the following the questions choose the word
which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Clear D. Neat
Examine D. Strike
(Q 58-59) In the following the questions choose the word which best
expresses opposite meaning of the given word.
A. Denied B.
Ignored D. Overlooked
A. Property B.
Treasure D. Assets
Directions (Q 60-62) Fill in the blanks with correct
60. I met him ______ the afternoon.
61. Can you agree_____my proposal?
A. to B.
62. The servant is attending.... him?
A. on B.
for D. upon
Directions (Q 63-64) Fill in the blanks with
63. I am going to _________market to by vegetables.
64. India will become__ super power shortly
A. a B.
an C. the D.
: Select the correct Question Tags.
A. didn’t I? B. am
I? C. am not
I? D. aren’t I?
Directions: Select the proper suffix.
A. ably B.
Directions: Identify the type of sentence
67. Shakespeare has written dramas appealing to all people of all
Directions: Select the correct plural forms.
A. fiction B.
fictionia D. fictionese
A. beliefs B.
believes C. belives D.
70. Choose the sentence with correct Punctuation
A. Mr. Raju could you meet me tomorrow?
B. Mr. Raju , could you meet me tomorrow.
C. Mr. Raju could you meet me tomorrow.
D. Mr. Raju, could you meet me tomorrow?
: Identify the Part of speech of the underlined word in the following
71. John, as well as his wife, has come
Preposition C. Adverb D. Adjective
Preposition D. Noun
Choose the set of words which are in the alphabetical order
1) Celebration, celebrity, center centimeter
2) Celebration, celebrity centimeter, center
3) Celebrity, centimeter celebration, center
4) Center, centimeter, celebrity celebration
Directions: In each of the following
questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the
four alternatives suggested select the one which best expresses the same
sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.
74. He said to her, "May you succeed !"
A. He told her that she might succeed.
B. He prayed to god that she may succeed
D. He said to her that she might succeed.
In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Active(or
passive) Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested select the one which
best expresses the same sentence in Passive(or Active) Voice
75. He was arrested on a charge of theft, but for lack of evidence he
A. He was arrested on a charge of theft, but was released for lack of
B. The police arrested him on a charge of theft, but for lack of evidence
he was released.
C. The police arrested him on a charge of theft, but for lack of
evidence released him.
1- 1- D , 2-C ,
3-A , 4- C , 5- A , 6-C , 7- D
, 8- B , 9- C , 10-D , 11-C, 12-C,
13-D ,14-C ,15- B , 16-C, 17-C,
18-C, 19-A, 20-B, 21-D, 22-B,23- C , 24-D ,25-A, 26-B ,
27-C , 28- D , 29- B , 30-D ,
31-C , 32-C , 33-D , 34-C ,
35-A , 36-B , 37-B , 38- C ,
39-A , 40-A , 41-B ,
42-C , 43-D , 44-A , 45- B ,
46-B , 47-A , 48-C , 49- B , 50-B ,
51-C , 52- D , 53- B , 54-C , 55-C ,
56-A , 57-C , 58-B , 59-D ,
60-B , 61-B , 62-D , 63-C , 64-
D , 65- B , 66-B , 67-D , 68- A , 69- A ,70- D ,
71-B , 72- A , 73-A , 74-C , 75-C ,